gEDA-user: Re: Soldering Chip on Flex?

On Saturday 30 October 2004 05:59 pm, Bob Paddock wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with soldering Chip-On-Flex LCD connectors?
>
> I want to use a color OLED displays but I'm not sure how to solder it, and
> the manufacture claims a socket for it does not exists.

Replying to my own message.

The process for soldering these connectors is described here:

http://www.flexdude.com/Back%20Issues/FCN11-00A.PDF

Now I wonder if I can do the equivalent of "Hot-Bar Soldering" with a
wide-tipped iron?

--
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/