Re: gEDA-user: Check for same refdes

Thank's for the quick response. Here are my answers:

Am Montag, 17. Januar 2005 00:04 schrieb Stuart Brorson:
> Hi Peter --
>
> What netlister are you using?  I know that spice-sdb is pretty dumb
> about checking for duplicate refdeses; I can't spead for the other
> backends.

I use spice-sdb and verilog

> The stuff living in libgeda itself doesn't do any checking on
> duplicate refdeses.  I suppose this is because it needs to handle
> the case of multiple R?.

You are right, I never thought about PCB. May be someone of the PCB guru's can
say us, how they handle for example the 7400 (four symbols in one component).

> As for gnetlist itself, I would have to look to see how easy it might
> be to rectify the problem you mention.  Personally, I think it should
> be fixed in the Scheme back end.

I just tried gnetlist -v. This seems to work right. But you might get a
problem with gattrib (I just tried).

This is not a spice problem. We could approach the problem either in
- gnetlist with a warning or in
- gschem with a check or with a
- standalone script (DRC)

Is it possible to write a Scheme function to check for double refdes? Than we
should be able to call it from gschem and gentlist. Am I right?

Peter