Re: gEDA-user: Check for same refdes

El lun, 17-01-2005 a las 00:49 +0100, Peter Kaiser escribió:
> Thank's for the quick response. Here are my answers:
>

> Am Montag, 17. Januar 2005 00:04 schrieb Stuart Brorson:
[snip]
> This is not a spice problem. We could approach the problem either in
> - gnetlist with a warning or in
> - gschem with a check or with a
> - standalone script (DRC)

Maybe it should be handled by the DRC. I think the user should run the
DRC and check the schematic has no errors BEFORE running any other
netlister (spice, PCB or whatever). It should avoid many headaches (like
unnumbered refdes).
Use the drc2 backend of gnetlist (gnetlist -g drc2 your_schematic.sch -o
drc2_output.txt) and see the output file.

> Is it possible to write a Scheme function to check for double refdes? Than we
> should be able to call it from gschem and gentlist. Am I right?

There's no gnetlist's function to get all (and not unique) refdeses. If
you have C4 twice in your schematic, the list of parts in the schematic
only contains one C4.
If there were such function, here is what can be done:
	- Count how many times a refdes is in a schematic.
	- Count how many slots are used of this refdes.
	- DRC backend warns about duplicated slots, so if the two numbers
aren't the same and there are no duplicated slots, then there are
duplicated refdeses.

I think this check can (and should) be done within the DRC backend...

Carlos

Nuevo Messenger Multimedia de Yahoo ¡ Descárgalas  Gratis !
http://tracker.tradedoubler.com/click?p!420&a38692