Re: gEDA-user: Check for same refdes

Hi,

    Unfortunately for all the back-ends, Stuart's suggestion will not work.  Ales' code merges refdes's together before they get seen by the netlister.  The list of reference designators that the back end gets to work with are already unique.  At the moment, I do not think that the gnetlist connectivity scanner checks that the pin numbers are unique as it merges the components.  Code in the main part of the netlister could help with this situation.

    That is, if the netlister checked to see if the new pin being added to the record for a given refdes was already there,  emit a warning.

Mike

Stuart Brorson wrote:

> > As for gnetlist itself, I would have to look to see how easy it might
> > be to rectify the problem you mention.  Personally, I think it should
> > be fixed in the Scheme back end.
>
> I just tried gnetlist -v. This seems to work right. But you might get a
> problem with gattrib (I just tried).
>
> This is not a spice problem. We could approach the problem either in
> - gnetlist with a warning or in
> - gschem with a check or with a
> - standalone script (DRC)
>
> Is it possible to write a Scheme function to check for double refdes? Than we
Every Scheme backend should compile a list of refdeses it has seen
while netlisting, and then compare each refdes it encounters against
the previously seen list.

I'll stick that into spice-sdb the next time I go around with it.  I
can make it emit a warning.

If you want a standalone schematic checker, that could be done also.

Stuart