Re: gEDA-user: More footprint stuff

No one on this list seems to want to touch this issue (Or my last email...).
How strange. Here we are on a list dedicated to EDA and nobody wants to
discuss elements/footprints. I assume that this somehow revolves around the
gpl'ing of elements/footprints and the ramifications of using them in
commercial designs. If this is the case, why doesn't someone say so? If this
is not the way it is, someone should say so.

FWIW, we have already decided to create all of our own footprints and elements
from scratch because of the wording of the gpl license. In my mind, this is
serious issue that needs to be addressed by this community in order to
further the spread of usage of the gEDA tools in real work/projects.

Regards

Marvin