gEDA-user: GTKWave on MacOS X

I'm trying to run GTKWave on MacOS, but I'm having some installation
problems.

When I run the program I get the viewer window, but an error message tells
that the .vcd file can't be parsed. I think the problem's origin is
missing library files. Here's some Warnings after running make.

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -o reader_vcd.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib/gtkwave -module vcd.lo  -lbz2 -lz
rm -fr .libs/reader_vcd.la .libs/reader_vcd.* .libs/reader_vcd.*

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lbz2.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module reader_vcd.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

I've tried to find information about "lbz2", but doesn't get anything out
of that. I've also tried to build the package "stand alone" - that is -
running:

./configure --enable-builtin-pixmaps --enable-builtin-readers="vcd"

Am I missing some libraries? Should I specify a path after "./configure"?

I've installed gtkwave-2.0.1.0pre5 in /Users/myusername/Library/.

I'm pretty new to the MacOS/Unix environment, so please be gentle :-)

/Bjarke