Re: gEDA-user: PCB doc on wiki (was RE: Vias with zero clearance in PCB?)

> The PCB and GAf documentation could use an overhall but it should
> not be done by the active developers

I assume you mean "because they're busy" and not "someone else would
do a better job".

> (until they get through my amazingly long wish list)

Sigh ;-)

> Well it isn't that long. But there are plenty of users that could be
> helping do this. Myself included. Any users wishing to participate
> in a semi organized manor send me an email and let see if we can get
> organized.

Note that the HID pcb already has an exporter that does sufficiently
close to EPS that it can be used for html, dvi, and pdf documentation.
Yes, I did that for a reason (hint hint) ;-)

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/dj.html
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/dj.pdf

It doesn't offer a good way to *annotate* those figures, though.  But
it's a step up from screenshots, which look crappy in PDFs.  I suppose
a sufficiently motivated author could use PCB itself to annotate its
own figures, using over-large vias and very thin traces/text.