Re: gEDA-user: gschem BUS status

Hello, and welcome to the club!

> What is the status of busses in gschem?

This is discussed in the FAQ in a couple of places:

http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:usage#what_limitations_exist_for_the_geda_tools

http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:todos

> I looks to me like gschem lets you draw them
> but expects any processing to be done elsewhere.
>
> Has there been any discussion about aliasing net
> names to bus related names by rippers?

Yes, please search the geda-user archives for discussion.

> I like the feel of gschem, At my paying job I
> am a Viewdraw user, I like the similarities
> although I have not crashed gschem yet, enough said!
>
> Good job guys with the gEDA project, I hope
> to be able to contribute, I am experimenting with
> modifying the PADS backend to increase the
> attributes passed to PADS.  PCB looks good too
> but just doesn't have quite the capabily, yet...

A beefed up PADS backend would be a great contribution!  My day job
currently uses Viewdraw -> PADS as the flow, but since we only have
one PADS licence -- always in use by our layout guy -- I've been using
gEDA/PCB for quick-turn jobs when I need to do the layout myself.

Stuart