RE: Re: gEDA-user: gschem BUS status

>> What is the status of busses in gschem?
>
>This is discussed in the FAQ in a couple of places:
>
>http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:usage#what_limitations_exist_for
>_the_geda_tools
>
>http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:todos

I looked through these, I saw the "to be done" type of comments
but no detail, do you know of any specific locations?
As is, I think bus hierarchy can be done in netlisting alone.
Bus pins on components would need more gschem support.

>> I looks to me like gschem lets you draw them
>> but expects any processing to be done elsewhere.
>>
>> Has there been any discussion about aliasing net
>> names to bus related names by rippers?
>
>Yes, please search the geda-user archives for discussion.

Have not found it yet...

>> I like the feel of gschem, At my paying job I
>> am a Viewdraw user, I like the similarities
>> although I have not crashed gschem yet, enough said!
>>
>> Good job guys with the gEDA project, I hope
>> to be able to contribute, I am experimenting with
>> modifying the PADS backend to increase the
>> attributes passed to PADS.  PCB looks good too
>> but just doesn't have quite the capabily, yet...
>
>A beefed up PADS backend would be a great contribution!  My day job
>currently uses Viewdraw -> PADS as the flow, but since we only have
>one PADS licence -- always in use by our layout guy -- I've been using
>gEDA/PCB for quick-turn jobs when I need to do the layout myself.

I would like to add part (.p) support and some layout rules. I am still
digging through how gschem is all put together (and learning scheme).

David.