Re: gEDA-user: G in PCB

Em Seg 16 Jan 2006 12:32, DJ Delorie escreveu:
> > Can someone point me about that? If the non 45 deg lines are not a
> > problem, I
>
> There's no rule in the sources that says 45 degree lines only.

I dont mean in the sources, but in real life. I dont know exactly why, but its
a good practice to draw lines (connections) using only 45 deg lines (I
suppose thats because of the silkscreen process), so, I was thinking about if
the letters should be 45 deg too for some (or the same) reason.

> > Another point, as I could understand PCB only accepts lines for the
> > fonts, do not accept arcs. Using arcs in fonts makes it much more
> > nice. Someboby knows if it is too hard to suport arcs in fonts like
> > lines?
>
> I don't think that would be too hard.  I think it was just too hard to
> design a whole font that way at the time, and not really "needed".

Are you thinking in implementing it (to PCB-HID)? If so, I will start
designing a new set of fonts right now. If so, I will not lost work designing
a new font now only using lines and another usign arcs too.

> The font stuff only really happens in two places now - where it's read
> in in file.c and where it's drawn in draw.c.  The pre-hid PCB had it
> in more places because the export routines had their own drawing
> functions.
>
> Note that there is currently a rule that says arcs must have the same
> width and height (i.e. no ellipses) but they can have any start/end
> angles.

That rule is a gerber imposition, or the gerber format accepts ellipses?
When using PCB to draw an arc (I mean, when routing a board) sometimes is
really important to have a function to draw a part of an arc.