Re: gEDA-user: G in PCB

> Are you thinking in implementing it (to PCB-HID)? If so, I will
> start designing a new set of fonts right now. If so, I will not lost
> work designing a new font now only using lines and another usign
> arcs too.

I'll defer to Harry and Dan about if it *should* be done.  If it
*should* be done, I'll do it.

> > Note that there is currently a rule that says arcs must have the same
> > width and height (i.e. no ellipses) but they can have any start/end
> > angles.
>
> That rule is a gerber imposition, or the gerber format accepts ellipses?
> When using PCB to draw an arc (I mean, when routing a board) sometimes is
> really important to have a function to draw a part of an arc.

None of the HIDs has a problem with arcs that have arbitrary angles.
See http://www.delorie.com/pcb/pullit-sample.png

However, gerber is limited to drawing CIRCULAR arc segments, not
ELLIPTICAL arc segments.  To support non-circular arcs, we'd have to
draw them as a series of short line segments.