Re: gEDA-user: pintype attritubute and gnetlist

On 1/3/07, Carlos Nieves Ónega <cnieves.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El mar, 02-01-2007 a las 18:26 -0500, John Luciani escribió:
[snip]
> PCB doesn't need to know. The intent of the pintypes is to help prevent
> design errors such as connecting an output to an output, and output to gnd, etc.
>
> Unfortunately there are many applications where the design check fails.
> For example you could connect the output of a DC-DC to GND to generate
> a negative rail. This would generate an error since an output is connected
> to ground even though it is valid and common application.

Sometimes the pintype can be different if you see it from different
points of view...
In the above example, I'd use a pwr pintype (power output).

Would connecting a pwr pin to gnd or another pwr pin produce an error?

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org