gEDA-user: Newbie fab Qs

I'm happily using gschem & PCB to design my board, and now I'm actually thinking about fabricating it :)  For a 2-layer board, PCB Express requires the following Gerber files:

Top & Bottom - positive polarity
Aperture/Dcode file (if not RS274X)
Excellon Drill file
Drill Tool list (if not embedded within NC Drill file)
Soldermask Top & Bottom - positive polarity
Silkscreen 1 or 2 sides - positive polarity

Super newbie question: how do I generate these files?  And what is RS274X?  And do you have any tricks/pitfalls recommendations for generating these files?

Many, many TIA,
Craig