Re: gEDA-user: Newbie fab Qs

On 1/3/07, craigni@xxxxxxx <craigni@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm happily using gschem & PCB to design my board, and now I'm actually
thinking about fabricating it :)  For a 2-layer board, PCB Express requires
the following Gerber files:

 Top & Bottom - positive polarity
 Aperture/Dcode file (if not RS274X)
 Excellon Drill file
 Drill Tool list (if not embedded within NC Drill file)
 Soldermask Top & Bottom - positive polarity
 Silkscreen 1 or 2 sides - positive polarity

 Super newbie question: how do I generate these files?  And what is RS274X?
And do you have any tricks/pitfalls recommendations for generating these
files?

I have done around 20 boards on either four or five panels from PCB Express without problems. They have been very easy to deal with. Panelizing is not an issue.

When there was a Fedex problem with my PCB shipment and the shipment
couldn't be tracked they made a second batch of boards and sent them
overnight delivery at no charge. I consider this excellent service since
the mistake was most likely on the Fedex side. I received the original batch
of boards a few days after the second batch.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org