Re: gEDA-user: mv M4 libraries

On 1/4/07, Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ostheller, Joel A. wrote:
> To make sure PCB does not find the M4 libraries, all one would need to
> do is to mv installed_here/geda/geda-sources/pcb/pcb-20060822/lib
> directory to say mv
> installed_here/geda/geda-sources/pcb/pcb-20060822/lib-back??? Is that
> correct?

It should do it.

But why would you do that?

You can tell gsch2pcb to prefer file footprints over m4 ones if thats
what you want.

I did that do insure that every footprint that was included in my designs came from footprints that were released for production. By moving the m4 files I get a "missing footprint" message rather than including a footprint that I may not have reviewed.

When I get the "missing footprint" message I can then run m4, perl, python, etc
to generate a newlib file. After I review the newlib file I release it to
production.

(* jcl *)

P.S. Welcome back!

--