Re: gEDA-user: Re: power connections and hierarchy

On 1/5/07, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:28:16 -0600, John Griessen wrote:

> A netname on a net or attached to a placed symbol is global when
> netlisted.

I attached a netname to a net in a subsheet. The netlist produced by
gsch2pcb contained this netname prefixed wuth the refdes of the sub sheet
symbol. So the netname is local to the sub sheet.

You probably have hierarchy-netname-mangle enabled which will attach the prefix. What I usually do is tie the mutliple power nets together in the top schematic. This not too bad since I do not have too many subcircuits.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org