gEDA-user: power connections and hierarchy

The schematic of my current project is scattered over nine sub sheets and a
top level sheet. Signals are readily transferred vi the pins of the top
level symbols. But how about the power nets GND, VCC, +UB, -UB, etc?
If I use the default power symbols, their net names receive the respective
sub sheet prefix. Consequently every sub sheet will have a different ground
net. Of course, they all need to be connected.

I might resolve this with dedicated power pins in every top level sub
sheet symbol. This would be a bit of a hassle and will clutter my
schematic.

Is there a way to avoid the clutter ans propagate the net of a power symbol
to all sub sheets?

---<(kaimartin)>---
(PS: Protel simply considers the net names of power symbols global by
default)

--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog