Sent: Saturday, 13 January, 2007 23:40
Subject: gEDA-user: gEDA install not detecting GTK+ on Fedora 6

Hi All,

I recently downloaded the 20061020 ISO for gEDA and am attempting to install it.   The first problem I had was that I could not get the enclosed GTK+ to compile.  Apparently, according to the GTK folks, it won't compile properly on Fedora 6.  Okay, so I downloaded GTK+ 2.10.7 and it compiled right off.

I set up the recommended env variables before running make, but when I 'make install' gEDA, it fails:

checking for GTK24... no
configure: error: Cannot find gtk+ 2.4.x or later, please install gtk+

Yet, I just built (and installed) 2.10.7. Can anyone tell me how the gEDA make process detects gtk+?  What does it look for to make that determination?

Thanks in Advance!
Corey.