gEDA-user: Re: random observations

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 01:06:09 -0700, Andy Peters wrote:

> + After gschm2pcb runs, it gives a list of "Next steps."  Step 1 says
> "From within PCB, select `File->disperse all elements.' " Actually,
> "disperse all elements is in the Select menu.

IIRC, this has been noted and corrected a few days ago.

> [...] Also, the colon in front of :ExecuteFile causes the command to fail
> (the terminal shows a log message, "unknown action `:ExecuteFile").
> Removing the colon does the trick.

I think, I saw this complaint before too. Must have been a few months ago.

> + It would be nice if the PCB Command Entry dialog's command-entry
> drop-down listbox retained any previously-entered commands.

Yes, definitely.
I'd prefer an command interface that emulates the bash
(command completion with tab, go back in history with arrow up/down,
search in history with ctrl-r)

> + If you give a pin a pinlabel that includes parentheses (or perhaps
> simply has a close parenthesis as the last character), for example, VOut
> (tab), the ExecuteFile(boardname.cmd) complains with "unknown action `)'"

A preprocessor that checks for malformed net names, refdes, pin labels,
and values is generally missing. Such a cript would have saved my a bunch
of head scratching.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak