Re: gEDA-user: autogenerate footprints

John Griessen wrote:

Peter Baxendale wrote:
there's a short Python program at
http://dlharmon.com/geda/footgen.html which I've found very useful. It's
easy to understand and customise even if you only have a little bit of
understanding of Python. It's really very easy to use and I've generated
all my own footprints this way. I've added a few modest bits and pieces
to it which I'd be happy to pass on if anybody is interested.

Yes, I'm interested to see your mods. How about making a page on gedasymbols.org? Or, if you don't feel like it, is it OK if I put up the mods on http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/john_griessen/?

John G

Most of the modifications are now in the version at http://dlharmon.com/geda/footgen.html. See the comments at the beginning of the code for details. I did drop the part that offsets the part width on by 30 mils to maintain compatibility with old files. I also applied a few bugfixes that had been sent to me. Any future features or bugfixes are welcome.

Darrell Harmon