Re: gEDA-user: Thermal via in pad

I think that this is a non-issue. I have built bords with these types of
vias in pads many times. Thermal shielding is more of an issue when you
are attempting to attach a device to a pad. In that case, you don't want
a via connecting directly to a large ground or power plane without
thermal relief as the plane would transfer and disipate the soldering
heat.

Steve Meier