Re: gEDA-user: Thermal via in pad

> David, this is way off topic.  But I noticed that your traces seem to
> change sizes at the silk-screen for the Brown ones (Vcc Comp).  Is
> there any particular reason that you do that?  Regards, Kurt

I followed some guidlines from the book "Surface Mount Technology for PC
Boards" (2nd Ed.): in Section "Control of Trace Thermal Paths" it reads:
"To keep reflow times uniform, avoid excessive thermal coupling with the
lands.  Do not connect traces more than .25mm wide to reflow lands"

But maybe that's a non-issue?  I don't have any practical experience at
all...

David