Re: gEDA-user: gEDA install not detecting GTK+ on Fedora 6

Some thoughts....

*  I assume you built GTK-2.10 from source.  When you did ./configure,
did you set --prefix?

If not, Linux will put stuff into the /usr/local hierarchy by default.
However, Red Hat puts stuff into the /usr hierarchy, presumably
including the old GTK. Therefore, the gEDA make process can't find it,
or is finding the wrong stuff first.

Rebuild GTK-2.10 again, with ./configure --prefix=/usr  or just
install from RPMs.

* What do you get when you run "pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0" (or whatever the syntactically correct command is)??

* As Wojciech says, if you are installing GTK from an RPM, make sure you install both the gtk2 and gtk2-devel packages.

* Why not just install the gEDA stuff from RPMs using yum? I just got an e-mail last night that the gEDA stuff is now an FC6 extra, so the proper RPMs exist. Also, the RPMs should (knock wood) take care of the nasty guile bug which popped up recently.

Good luck,

Stuart