Re: gEDA-user: Re: Which PCB HID is better?

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 11:08 +0100, Levente Kovacs wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 04:15:33 GMT
> msokolov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Sokolov) wrote:
>
> > Hello fellow gEDA/PCB users,
> >
> > As my design gets closer to the completion of schematic capture and the
> > start of layout, I have to expand my horizons beyond gschem and start
> > playing with PCB.
> >
> > My question is, which HID is better: GTK or Lesstif?
>
> Just to add that Lesstif is a faster than GTK+.

Is this still true?

On my modern hardware, I (subjectively) tested dragging and panning with
a large schematic, (over a remote X11 connection), and found the GTK HID
was faster.

There is a drag latency which is not nice, and from the code, looks to
be in both HIDs. I think it is used to detect whether the user is
performing a drag, or single clicking operation.

Peter C