Re: gEDA-user: Label Selection.

--- Tomaz Solc <tomaz.solc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After experimenting a bit with this, I found out
> that the mark is always
> placed where the "select" menu currently is. This is
> probably the point
> where the user interface last "saw" the mouse cursor
> in the viewport.

Before the introduction of the HID interface, the only
menu that had the "convert selection to element" was
the pop-up menu and it used the location of the click
that popped up the menu as the coordinate. Actually
there were several items in that menu that used the
coordinate, it was a useful feature now lost.

The GTK interface does have an ability to request the
location for a menu operation, which is really
annoying when there is a key shortcut because for that
it should use the current crosshair position.