Re: gEDA-user: PCB - Rectangle/Polygon on pad

In general you don't want a solid connection between a
pad and plane - without thermal relief it is difficult
to solder the connection. So odds are you want a
thermal relief, which presently you must manually draw
for pads.

With that said, you can create polygons that have no
clearances (for anything in them). You could use a
small one to surround your pad, effectively filling in
the clearance of a larger polygon with clearances, or
perhaps you just want a real solid polygon that stands
on its own. To make such a polygon, draw it then hit
the "s" key (s for Solid) with the cursor over the
polygon. It may be necessary to create it elsewhere
(or larger) in case the original placement around the
pad clears it into non-existance. After it is solid,
you can drag it into position and/or edit the points
defining it. The "s" key performs a changesize
operation, but for polygons it switches them between
being able to have clearances and not having them.