Re: gEDA-user: PCB - Rectangle/Polygon on pad

> I am trying to draw a rectangle that directly connects with a pad.
> Unfortunately, PCB puts a keep-out region around each pad, forcing
> me to go back and draw a line around the pad to fill in the space.
> Is there a way to temporarily turn off the clearance around a pad?
> I tried SHIFT-K and the possible changejoin commands, but that
> didn't seem to work. Using k/SHIFT-K had an effect, (k expanded the
> clearance) but SHIFT-K would only go so far.

What you're asking for is thermals on pads, which we don't support.
Perhaps with the new "solid thermals" we could do that (standard
X-shaped thermals just don't work with pads).  Meanwhile, the way to
do this is to draw small lines over the border of the pad, just big
enough to connect the pad to the polygon/rectangle.