Re: gEDA-user: gnucap: Multi-disciplinary / mixed language simulation

Peter Clifton wrote:

A plugin to gnucap which:

a) Can write octave's data file format(s)

Does octave have a "native" format? Would it make sense to use hdf5? That may be useful since it is supposed to be a sort of universal format. Octave can read hdf5 right now. I'm not sure what all else, but maybe with some more tools supporting it it could gain some momentum. I haven't really looked at it, but hopefully it would not have the following problem that matlab .mat file format has. In a .mat file you have to write out all of each vector/matrix before starting on the next one. This is a bummer if you're writing out time points from a simulator.

-Dan