Re: gEDA-user: I need to open and print a PCB created in ExpressPCB: What are my options?

> > - What is this toner transfer method?
>
> You use the toner itself as the etch resist, by printing on special
> paper which comes off easily when wet, or regular glossy paper, which
> comes off eventually when wet.

I've not tried it myself, but I saw this and thought it sounded
interesting (and I like cheap):

::: quote from http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=198679 :::

By the way... if you want to know cheapest way to create PCB-s with even 0.15mm tracks :
1. buy a smoothy-shiny paper magazine
2. get a laser printer
3. create a pcb in routing tool
4. print mirrored pcb on that paper (100% scale)
5. cut the pcb to the printed size
6. get an iron, set the temperature to about 180'C and iron that paper to the copper of unetched pcb for about 5 minutes
7. put the pcb with the paper into the water for approx 10 minutes
8. try to remove the paper from the copper gently, the toner should remain on the copper
9. if everything is clear and there's no broken tracks you can etch it in the ferrum chloride (FeCl3)
10. after etching remove the remaining toner from the copper with acetone or xylene.

::: end quote :::

Karl.