gEDA-user: Re: resistorpack12-1.sym have 11 resistors?

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:58:53 +0100, csanyipal wrote:

> It seems to me that this symbol have only 11 resistors.
> Where is the 12th resistor?

There is none. This is a symbol for an 11 resistor pack. Note, that all
resistors share the same upper pin. The number 12 in the name relates to
the 12 pins of this device.

> Can I use this resistorpack as a 12 resistors connected altogether?

No. This is a symbol for an 11 resistor pack. If you really need a 12
resistor symbol, you can derive it from this one. See the symbol creation
guide on the geda web site for the details. However, it may be hard to
actually purchase a 12 resistor component.

I'd use two 6 resistor packs. E.g, Bourns 4607X-101-RC

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog