gEDA-user: Re: Some pcb pecularities

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:15:35 -0800, joeft wrote:

>>One end stays where it was and the other moves with the via - the
>>definition of rubber banding. Still, it's not what the user wants. This
>>is already an open bug on the SF tracker.
>>

> I think this is what the user wants - as long as it's the correct end of
> the correct line that is being moved.

Consider a corner below the via that happens to be made of two long legs
and a short connection. If I move this via, I want the short segment to
move too, rather than stretch. Only the long legs should be stretched.
This kind of complicated track layout below a via is pretty common when
working with different grids. In fact, it is difficult to avoid on a board
that combines metric and imperial footprints.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog