Re: gEDA-user: geda tarball

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 07:54 -0500, Ian Chapman wrote:

> stanley82@Ian-desktop:~$ gschem
> gschem: error while loading shared libraries: libgeda.so.31: cannot open
> The package manager says libgeda29 is loaded libgeda-dev also.

libgeda29 is corresponding to the gutsy version, 1.0. libgeda31 is what
is needed by the 1.2.x you were building from source..

It sounds very much to me like you got gschem 1.2.x installed ok,
into /usr/local but not its corresponding libgeda.

Since this is on the PATH, it is being found before the Ubuntu installed
version. try "sudo rm /usr/local/bin/gschem" and see if the ubuntu
installed version then runs OK?

There may be other stuff left over from installing libgeda + gschem
in /usr/local/... which you may want to clean up, however it is just the
binaries and libraries which can potentially break the distro-installed
versions.

Once you've got the distro versions alive again, we can look at packages
for 1.2.x or 1.3.x.

Best wishes, and good luck!

--
Peter Clifton