Re: gEDA-user: select entire net/apply netname

epswint wrote:
> Q1: Is there a way to apply one net name to a group of selected net
> segments?

[jg]  I don't know one.

Presently, I'm 2x-clicking each segment to edit, then pasting
> netname, hitting enter twice to apply the setting...

[jg]  Instead you can get better use of time by copying a named segment, stretching it to be shorter,
and copying that as many times as you want named segments and stretching them to fit.

Q2: Is there a way to select all net segments with the same netname
attribute?

[jg]   I don't know one.

  I'd like to verify that a given net has all of the
> connections that it should, and none that it shouldn't.

[jg]   It's not necessary to netname every net segment.
Be sure netnames are visible, invisible netnames would be confusing (it is possible to do).

Be sure to generate a netlist when done editing and read it for consistency.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX