Re: gEDA-user: "Publication Quality" Schematic Symbols

John Luciani wrote:
> The examples are at
> http://www.luciani.org/not-quite-ready/not-quite-ready-index.html

They look very nice.  Before I went there, I was skeptical of the value
of that sort of "apple polishing".  (I tend to stop at slightly ugly but
functional.) But after seeing them I changed my mind.  It really is
pleasing to see a schematic that looks like it came from a
professionally published magazine or a manufacturer's data sheet.
Symbols like that help gschem's perceived image.

Hopefully it will be a motivation to get filled poly's, or perhaps
region fills into gschem in the near future.

The ARRL's symbol set would probably be popular:
http://www.arrl.org/qst/qs4hd.pdf
It's used in all ARRL publications and familiar to a lot of people.  A
few symbols on the example sheet above are a little old fashioned, but
are pretty much deprecated in current ARRL pubs anyway.

For my part, I was pickled in ANSI symbols decades ago, so pretty much
anything other than ANSI doesn't seem quite right to me :)  I keep
doodling ideas for an ANSI symbol generator, but it never seems to be a
higher priority than just getting on with building stuff.

Good work,
   Dave