gEDA-user: [Fwd: Re: "Publication Quality" Schematic Symbols]

meant to send to list.
-dave
--- Begin Message ---

John Luciani wrote:

For my part, I was pickled in ANSI symbols decades ago, so pretty much
anything other than ANSI doesn't seem quite right to me :)  I keep
doodling ideas for an ANSI symbol generator, but it never seems to be a
higher priority than just getting on with building stuff.

Do you have any links to ANSI symbol specifications?

Them's that has it paid for it.

Here is a link to an ANSI/IEEE logic symbol document that is available on line. Except for using a bubble for inverted I/O instead of a hollow half arrow, it's pretty much the symbols I am used to. (All boxes, no shovels and shields.)

http://www.ddpp.com/DDPP3_pdf/IEEEsyms.pdf

Here's the way I was taught to draw inverters:
v 20060123 1
B 300 0 400 400 3 0 0 0 -1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
P 0 200 300 200 1 0 0
P 1000 200 700 200 1 0 0
B 300 600 400 400 3 0 0 0 -1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
P 0 800 300 800 1 0 0
P 1000 800 700 800 1 0 0
L 900 800 700 900 3 0 0 0 -1 -1
L 100 200 100 300 3 0 0 0 -1 -1