Re: gEDA-user: Symbols: mixed slotted elements and dedicated pins?

John Luciani wrote:
>> How do I define this device as four slotted opamp elements with
>> dedicated standby and phantom ground pins? Or would I better create one
>> big, 16-pin symbol incorporating everything?
>
> You could make a four slotted op-amp symbol and a separate power/ground/standby
> symbol. When you place the symbols in your schematic just keep the
> refdeses the same.

That's what I've been doing, too.  The symmetrical I/O goes on a slotted
element, and all the "infrastructure" goes on another symbol.  I have
taken to the two-symbol approach even for non-slotted devices because I
despise clutter on the schematic.  Power and ground are usually clutter
-- I like to place them on a different sheet.

My approach for something with slots, common control, and power would be
to make 3 symbols.  One for signal flow (slotted), one for control, one
for power/ground.

-dave