Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf stable version 1.4.3-20081231 released!

Am Mittwoch, den 31.12.2008, 20:23 -0500 schrieb Ales Hvezda:
> Hi,
>
> I have released the last stable release of gEDA/gaf for this year today
> (1.4.3-20081231).

Thanks.
Builds fine for my Gentoo-Linux AMD64 X2 system.
gschem seems to run fine -- I can't see any bugs.

One remark to gschem2pcb:

>stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/gEDA/DAD $ gsch2pcb p1
>
>---------------------------------
>gEDA/gnetlist pcbpins Backend
>This backend is EXPERIMENTAL
>Use at your own risk!
>---------------------------------
>
>Skipping the m4 processor for pcb footprints

>Done processing.  Work performed:
>No elements to add so not creating b1.new.pcb

I was never really happy with the output when only netlist has changed:

>No elements to add so not creating b1.new.pcb

For me it makes more sense to report what the tool has done, i.e.
generated a new netlist, instead off reporting what was not done.

OK, it is not important and only my opinion.

Best wishes,

Stefan Salewski