Re: gEDA-user: one fix for building under Solaris

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 18:56 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 13:50 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > On Jan 5, 2009, at 1:42 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > >  Now, of course, my build has blown up because gschem's configure
> > > script seems to want gnome-config, for some unknown reason.
> >
> >    Got past that, it was my own stupidity.  Now:
>
> If it looks for anything gnome- specific, that's a bug. I'll take it
> that's not the case though, unless you say otherwise.
>
> > xarch=v8plusb -c a_pan.c
> > "../include/gschem_struct.h", line 85: syntax error before or at:
> > cairo_t
> > "../include/gschem_dialog.h", line 39: syntax error before or at:
> > GKeyFile
>
> I wonder if its finding the include files for an older version of GLib?

Specifically, from your copied output, I see some potential conflicts:

-I/usr/local/include/cairo
-I/usr/local/geda-cairo/include

-I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/lib/sparcv9/glib-2.0/include

-I/usr/include/gtk-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/gtk-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/include
-I/usr/lib/sparcv9/gtk-2.0/include

-I/usr/include/pango-1.0
-I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0

-I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-I/usr/sfw/include/freetype2

Some of these are listed multiple times!

I'll take bets that is the root cause of the problems you're seeing.
Unfortunately, with that stack of things it can find.. there is a good
chance that the other pieces you've built so far may be linked against
the wrong headers.

You might need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point where there are tools
installed which you want it to pickup. Unfortunately, I don't know if
there is a way to force it not to pickup the default paths as well.
setting PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR might help there.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,