Re: gEDA-user: one fix for building under Solaris

On Jan 5, 2009, at 2:07 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
>>> xarch=v8plusb -c a_pan.c
>>> "../include/gschem_struct.h", line 85: syntax error before or at:
>>> cairo_t
>>> "../include/gschem_dialog.h", line 39: syntax error before or at:
>>> GKeyFile
>>
>> I wonder if its finding the include files for an older version of
>> GLib?
>
> Specifically, from your copied output, I see some potential conflicts:
>
> -I/usr/local/include/cairo
> -I/usr/local/geda-cairo/include
>
> -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
> -I/usr/lib/sparcv9/glib-2.0/include
>
> -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0
> -I/usr/local/include/gtk-2.0
> -I/usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/include
> -I/usr/lib/sparcv9/gtk-2.0/include
>
> -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
> -I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0
>
> -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
> -I/usr/sfw/include/freetype2
>
> Some of these are listed multiple times!
>
> I'll take bets that is the root cause of the problems you're seeing.
> Unfortunately, with that stack of things it can find.. there is a good
> chance that the other pieces you've built so far may be linked against
> the wrong headers.

   Ahh.  The CFLAGS that autoconf generates are so long and ugly that
I don't even pay attention to them anymore.  I'm kinda curious as to
why it wants to stick ALL of them in there.  (edit: I think I just
figured that out, see below)

   I'm considering weeding out the ancient stuff that shipped with
Solaris, but then I'm not sure what that'll break.  What a can of
worms.  I'd love to be able to tell the configure scripts "don't look
at anything outside of /usr/local".

> You might need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point where there are tools
> installed which you want it to pickup. Unfortunately, I don't know if
> there is a way to force it not to pickup the default paths as well.
> setting PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR might help there.

   ...and this might have been my problem.  I've trimmed down
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to something sane and am trying again.  Thanks for
the pointer here...I think this will let me (indirectly) achieve what
I wanted to do above.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire