Re: gEDA-user: Power (and other non-graphical) pins

John -

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:54:21PM -0700, John Doty wrote:
> It seems you want gEDA to cater to your unwillingness to master new
> skills, learn better ways to do things. But gEDA's power is that it
> frees you to use the better way, not constraining you to inefficient
> ways of doing things.

John, we've heard this all before.  My ideas about an ideal
work flow even parallel yours completely!

But gEDA's flexibility should _include_ the ability to deal
with people who don't think like us.  So please stop telling
people how to do their work.  Do make sure gEDA maintains
its ability to use "the better way", and don't discourage
others from using it in "inefficient ways", and even improving
its ability to work so inefficiently (?).

The expert modes will then be on their desk, ready for them
when _they_ are ready to adapt.

     - Larry