Re: gEDA-user: compiling gaf from git repos

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 16:57 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:09:00 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > The new colour map syntax Peter B introduced after 1.5.1 requires a
> > different line:
> >
> > (load (build-path geda-rc-path "gschem-colormap-lightbg")) ; light
> > background
> >
> > We could provide a gschem-lightbg.scm available to make this backwards
> > compatible, but if people are prepared to alter any config files they
> > have already, it does mean less cruft distributed with gEDA in the
> > future.
>
> If you break config files, an explicit note in the log how to repair them
> would avoid upgrade frustration.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be easy to do that, since the (load ...)
syntax is just passing a filename to guile. If we deprecated a whole
config parameter, it would be easy to define a place-holder replacement
which triggers a warning.

I suspect that the most we could easily do would be a note in the
release notes - but the code you're testing obviously hasn't been
released yet.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,