Re: gEDA-user: PCB printing under Windows?

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 6:19 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> How do you get the calibration page to print?  There is no PostScript
>> output option for that.  Calibration request takes you directly to lpr.
>
> Change the "lprcommand" to "cat > /tmp/foo.ps"

After putting the GNU32 version of 'cat' into the same directory
as pcb.exe, and doing 'cat > C:/temp/foo.ps', I end up with a C:/temp/foo.ps
that is zero length.  Tried variations I could think of, like \ vs /,
where I got nothing at all
or zero length.  Using the Windows native 'type' produces the same results.

When I try to export a .ps and load it into GhostView, GhostView tells
me the file contains errors:

DSC Error at line 3:
%% Page: 1
This line is incorrect.
The two arguments should be a label and an ordinal.
The ordinal should be 1 for the first page and should
increase by 1 for each following page.
The page ordinal is missing or is not in sequence.

It is likely that this line is part of an included file that
was not enclosed in %%BeginDocument/%%EndDocument.

'OK' will ignore this page, assuming it is part of an
incorrectly encapsulated EPS file.  I did not pick
EPS export.

All 14 pages give the same error.  The displayed file,
page 1 of 0, starts with "2. component and ends 14.fab" near
the bottom of the page, under a large white space.
That is the only thing that will display,
GhostView displays nothing else.  No sign of "1. anything" either.