Re: gEDA-user: GTK RANT

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 06:56 +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Monday 26 January 2009 05:38:25 Eric Brombaugh wrote:
>
> > Getting rid of the 'f s' sequence in gschem (or at least providing an
> > alternative) would go a long way toward alleviating some of my mis-
> > keys. The number of times I've turned my PCB layouts green as a result
> > of using the gschem file save sequence in pcb...
>
> Go hack your gschemrc file. :P

There is no reason we can't entertain usability suggestions without
retorting like that.

Yes, for reference.. it is possible for people to change key-bindings
themselves.

It wasn't so long ago that gschem added more standard keybindings as
default for the Copy+Paste actions. I'm sure no-one would argue that was
a bad thing, or that users ought to fix those themselves.

Please note, that I'm NOT, NOT, _NOT_ Opening up a free-for-all as to
what pet keyboard shortcuts people would like to see / not see
changed ;).

(Its late in the development cycle, and we don't have the energy to deal
with an inundation of suggestions for small - but important changes like
that).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,