gEDA-user: Component sourcing script

I'm working on a script that will take part numbers from a schematic and
build up an order file that can be uploaded to an online vendor.  Before
I invest too much time, I thought I'd check to see if any one on the
list had already automated the task.  I'm starting out with Digikey, as
their page is fairly easy to parse.  From that, I can also get quantity
break information and use a few rules as to how many components to
order.  Once I get the basics worked out, I'd like to expand the script
to include other vendors and to be able to work from lighter symbol
information, e.g. find me the cheapest 10kOhm resistor and order 1000,
if it's less than $7.  Any thoughts or projects out there that already
do this?

-Ethan