Re: gEDA-user: git compilation problem: undefined reference to `gtk_selection_data_get_data'

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 16:31 +0100, Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> This is the kind of pure overhead that I dislike in gtk and would not
> happen in other languages, but I hate C++ even more (I wrote one program
> with gtkmm, but am not going to repeat the experience).

Fortunately, the access of such members isn't in a tight loop - hence
the overhead becomes almost negligible. Not that I want to get into a
debate, but I don't think you will find any other language has less
overhead accessing a property - you just don't tend to see it.

> BTW: what is the proper way to only recompile part of gEDA when chasing
> this kind of bug. For now I have only found `make install´ which recompiles
> everything even when it has not changed.

cd gschem/src
make install

--
Peter Clifton