Re: gEDA-user: Pick-And-Place Extract

Larry Doolittle schrieb:
> Tony -
>
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:18:07AM -0500, Tony Radice wrote:
>>     I have written a Perl script to extract pick and place data from a
>> pcb file - is anyone else interested in looking at it, using it or
>> critiquing it?
>
> You know pcb already has a pick and place data extractor?
> This is the .xy file people talk about on this list.

Unfortunately the pick and place data extractor of pcb has some problems
with SMD footprints with 3, 5, 7 ... pads. The appended example of a
SOT23 is centered but after exporting the xy file the center position is
shifted a little bit to the pins 1 and 2. Of course the xy position is
the mathematical mean value of the three vectors and in this sense
correct. But this differ from the real body center imho.

Thomas