Re: gEDA-user: Win32 build with native printing support (via Cairo)

I've done a little bit of experimentation but not found much.

I have all the footprints in ./packages, all the symbols in ./symbols
and a local gafrc with (component-library "./symbols") in it.

If I move the packages directory gsch2pcb complains about missing
footprints, so it's finding them. If I move one footprint out of
packages it complains about that one missing footprint, so it's looking
for and finding the right footprint files. Converting projectfile, gafrc
and footprint files to crlf makes no difference.

Looking through the gsch2pcb sources I see that :
/* The gnetlist backend gnet-gsch2pcb.scm generates PKG_ lines:

|        PKG_footprint(footprint{-fp0-fp1},refdes,value{,fp0,fp1})

These are the lines I see in the pcb file produced by gsch2pcb. Looks
like pkg_to_element() should convert these to elements, but at the
moment I'm struggling to see how or why it doesn't.

Probably doesn't help much...

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 20:32 -0500, Bob Paddock wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > We already almost do this. The difference: We use a project file and the
> > elements-dir points to the library of my local symbols. Both of Bob
> > Paddocks suggestions might apply. The project file may be affected by the
> > cr/lf problem because it went through a samba server and a windows
> > machine. In addition, the path is located in a path with spaces.
> >
> > Like I mentioned before -- I'll investigate next week.
>
> Any findings?

Peter Baxendale                       University of Durham
peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx          School of Engineering
tel +44 191 33 42492                  South Road
fax +44 191 33 42408                  Durham DH1 3LE
                                      England