Re: gEDA-user: No-Net Copper

At 01:05 PM 1/1/2011, you wrote:
On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 12:57 -0500, Rick Collins wrote:
> At 11:54 AM 1/1/2011, you wrote:
> >On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 10:33 -0500, Rick Collins wrote:
> >

> > > Why is no-net copper useful?
> > >
> > > Rick
> > >

> >-- use copper like silk, i.e for text, marks...
> >-- some like to have copper below screws, for mechanical reasons
> >-- use copper where it does not hurt, i.e if milling your boards or to
> >save chemicals
>
> If you are milling a board, do you layout the material not
> removed???

Kai-Martin and I only answered your simple question:

"Why is no-net copper useful?"

The context was supporting it in a layout tool and specifically how it impacts DRC and connectivity checking. I'm just trying to understand the thought here. If copper is left behind because of manufacturing, it doesn't really impact the layout process or connectivity checking.

It just struck me as odd that there would be support in a layout tool for no-net copper that might be connected to nets.

Rick