Re: gEDA-user: Strange problems in multi part symbols

Oliver King-Smith wrote:

> I am continuing to have problems with multi part symbols.  Here
>
> I have an op amp define as thus:

( snip )

> When I try to use this op amp, the pin number show up wrong on the schematic.
> For slot 1 they show up as 1,2,1 (not 3,2,1).  When I try slot 2 I get 5,6,1 not
> 5,6,7.

The slotting mechanism expects the pinseq numbers to start at 1 and
increment to the number of pins. It uses these numbers to map the
sequences given in the slotdef string. The pin with pinseq=1 gets
mapped to the first number in the slotdef string. The second maps
to the second number in the string and so on.

Your symbol has the pinseq attributes at 1, 2 and 5. The "5" is
ignored since there are only three numbers in the slotdef string.
Thus it keeps its default value "1" no matter what slot is chosen.

Bottom line: A symbol with three pins should have the pinseq
values "1", "2" and "3". Anything else confuses the slotting
mechanism.

Here is a corrected version of your symbol. Note, that the value
of the pin number attributes is ignored. For demonstration, I set
them to some wild numbers.
/-------------
v 20100214 2
L 200 800 200 0 3 0 0 0 -1 -1