Re: gEDA-user: Symbol question – suggestions?

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 14:32 +0100, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> > A single 74_pwr.sym can not work for 14 and 16 pin parts, so I really
> > recommend to do not use a 74_pwr.sym at all, but one for 14, and one for
> > 16 pins devices. I think I called my one at gedasymbols
> > 74xx-14N-Pwr-1.sym.
>
> But the 74LV4066 is 14-pin with GND at 7 and Vcc at 14, just like an
> ordinary 7400 and more.

The problem is: If you have a symbol called 74_pwr.sym people may use it
-- some may use it for 14 pin devices, some may use it for 16 pin
devices. You may be smart enough to use it correctly -- other may not
always. If there are chances for confusion, then we should use more
specific files names.